Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lovely!

I bought a new patio umbrella a few weeks ago on TOTAL markdown at Cost Plus World Market.
I chucked our cheap-o stand that we had in NJ mainly because you needed sandbags to hold it upright which defeats the purpose. I have been looking for one ever since.
The beautiful mark-down umbrella has been staring at me in our wash room for weeks.
EVERY. SINGLE. stand I found was either ubber ugly town, too expensive or BOTH! This is when I turned to Pinterest. I mean don't we all when we need a little inspiration!? :) 

This is when I found this Lady Jade Flower's BRILLIANT idea. She had the exact same frustrations I did and created the prettiest umbrella stand ever.
(There were a ton similar to this; but this one was the easiest)


Here are my own step-by-step pics.
Go on; take a look!


The supplies: (+ a toe shot; nice)



The peerty flowers my girl and I picked out:



The pot: (needs to be big enough for the cinder block & must have a hole in the bottom for drainage)





Didn't I tell you this was easy?!





Get ready for the reveal folks:



Ta-da!



Ta-da take 2:


There you have it folks.
I love it!! But... right after this shot a large thunder storm moved in. The umbrella had to come down and I awoke looking forward to coffee in the shade and there is no sun to be found. Figures. HA!

Happy Thursday everyone! ox



2 comments:

  1. Love that idea!!! And you did great! Wish we were neighbors! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea!!! And you did great! Wish we were neighbors! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete