Friday, September 4, 2009

God is amazing...

After a completely draining night I woke up SPENT! With little time to sit and read the Bible these days I have found a website that has daily devotionals for women "Girlfriends in God". (http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/) Listen to the amazing reminder that God gave me today:

1 Corinthians 1:7 "Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that" (NCV).

"Jesus tells us in John 10:10 that He came so that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Abundant life doesn't tie us to some convoluted vision we have of the "perfect" Christian woman. Abundant life is full of adventure and making a difference. God wants us to go on a great adventure with Him. A relationship with God is a great adventure.
I guarantee that if you truly step into an intimate relationship with God, you will experience more adventure than you have ever known. God will ask you to do things you never thought you could do and may ask you to give up some things you didn't think you could live without. However, He will offer you a relationship with Him and fill your life with blessings beyond your wildest imaginings. Sometimes it's not easy, but it is worth it."

Now I know I am a new mom and that this new "adventure" will get easier with time but most of the time I pray that I make it through the day a good mommy and end the day feeling like a failure; a spent failure. God has indeed given me an abundant life and with this I need to embrace the daily challenges knowing that I am a work in progress with an AMAZING God walking beside me and carrying me on His shoulders when I am just tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment