Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cauliflower Steak goodness

I am trying to blog more of my food creations along my "eating clean" journey. The other night I made cauliflower steaks atop grilled salmon burgers and baby kale drizzled with a little black truffle oil.
It was amazing! (& Lilly loved it too!)

It may have to go into the official dinner lineup once Ryan returns home. You see; I get to try all of these questionable creations while he is traveling. If they pass the Lilly test they are entered into the lineup. haha!


If you are interested in giving this easy peasy recipe a whirl here are a few shots to help you along the way. 

Take your cauliflower head; de-stem it & rinse it well under some water.
Preheat the ol' oven to a steamy 425.



Head over to the cutting board and start slicing some sorta thick slices. You should get at least three good ones out of a head. Some parts will crumble; save em for some cauliflower mashers another night. :)
Place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.



I sprinkled mine with a dash of sea salt, garlic powder, pepper & paprika. Feel free to mess around with your seasonings depending on what you are serving with your cauliflower steaks.
Throw these bad boys into the oven for 15-minutes, take out flip and oil & season the other side. Place back in the oven for another 15-minutes just until tender and amazing!



Again, you can serve these so many ways but I placed mine atop raw baby kale & a grilled salmon burger. I am getting hungry...



My mother-in-law turned me onto this amazing stuff and now I use it with everything!
I drizzled this all over this little creation.
ENJOY!!

Hope y'all are having a good week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment