Sunday, January 5, 2014

Back on the wagon

After 2-months of fun holiday food splurges I am getting back on the clean eating wagon.
The jeans are a little tight and I am feeling quite sluggish.


Breakfast is easy for me. I generally make a piece of sprouted toast with some butter and a tall glass of chilled lemon water. Lunch on the other hand has ALWAYS been a struggle.
Last year I bought the Crazy Sexy Kitchen cookbook and this recipe is one of my favs!

Curried Nada-egg with Watercress Wraps



I serve it on a spinach wrap and top with sprouts. Our Whole Foods have the best sunflower sprouts. Would you look at these ladies? Yummy!

This makes a lot & will get you through the whole week. You can either use a gluten free cracker to scoop some up for a snack or load a wrap full of this stuff and top with a bunch of veggies. All good!

Here is the recipe:
2 packages of extra firm tofu
3/4 c. Veganaise
3 Tbs. green onions
1/4 c grated carrots
1/4 c chopped celery
3 Tbs chopped parsley
3 Tbs chopped cilantro
3 Tbs nutritional yeast
1 Tbs Dijon mustard 
11/2 Tbs curry powder
dash of salt and pepper

1. crumble tofu in a bowl with a fork (make sure you drain the tofu and blot it a bit with a paper bowl to get the majority of the moisture out).
2. Add Veganaise, green onions, carrot, parsley, cilantro, nutritional yeast, Dijon, curry powder, salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly. 
3. Place generous amounts on wrap and top with veggies. I like to add sprouts and spinach or kale to mine.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment