Tuesday, November 19, 2013

This is amazing grace...

It is just one of those days that I am in awe of my amazing God.
I am in awe of the amazing grace that he has given me; for free.
I am in awe of my salvation and the peace that it brings me if I really sit and think about it.
I am in awe of the freedom that I have in Him, the love that He has for me, and the beauty that surrounds me that he created for me; for you.
I was reading Genesis chapter 1 to Lilly the other day. Have you read a children's Bible before? I had; like forever ago. Until the other day I had not thought about how I may prefer it over my "adult" NIV because of the sheer simplicity of the writing. I need simplicity. Gods goodness is simple, His love is simple. We need only accept it.

If you are getting through a week that may be becoming complex please take a moment and watch this video & open up the word. He created this beautiful world for us to enjoy. Go outside, look up, breathe in the fall air. Be thankful.




I know this is a song that is often sang at funerals; but since we are talking grace I thought I would post the lyrics. I think its a song we should sing more often.
Have you ever really read them? Gods grace is amazing!

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.
The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.
When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.


No comments:

Post a Comment