Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let the Keefe traditions begin!!!

It is officially our first time fully decorating for Christmas in our new home. That said, I never thought that I would be the mom that the day after Thanksgiving is on a MISSION to get: the Christmas tree, put it up, decorate it all the while with pumpkin pie in the oven and Christmas music blasting through the cozy home. Well; I am. Love it!
We had a lovely Thanksgiving. The weather was a little wet, but it was quiet, I ate too much and was surrounded by people that I love... (& missing people that I love all at the same time)!
The next day, thanks to Shayla watching Lilly, we headed out to the Christmas tree lot where a burly girl helped us pick our tree, trim it, bag it and get it on top of our rig. Here are a few pics to document the fabulous day.
P.S. Ryan would not let me take pics of the ghetto Christmas tree lot that we picked the tree from. Let me just say it was in the parking lot of Sears on the side of a highway. Soooooooo foreign to the mountain girl that was blessed enough to pick a tree out walking through the beautiful northern California woods...*sigh*

Yep, that's the first official Christmas tree at 73 Hamilton Ave.


Awweee!!
PS I lost my battle for the white lit Martha Stewart tree that I wanted ever so much...


Instead; here are some of my white lights that I have ALWAYS kept up in my house year round!


J-E-T-S! Jets, Jets, Jets...& other cute stockings...



Look how cozy that house looks. Love it!
Yet another P.S.: I felt like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation getting the D@&% lights up and functioning for this shot!


1 comment:

  1. Haha Diego has also lost pretty much any battle we've had over our Christmas trees...I think for the Keefe kids, Christmas, mainly the tree, was our only sanity..sacred ground lol Though I did actually wanna try white lights this year, but wasn't motivated enough to go buy all new lights :)

    ReplyDelete