Thursday, January 3, 2013

I cook.




I admit I have NO idea where I found this recipe.
It is one of those recipes that I had scribbled on an old electric bill envelope. I finally did a little cleaning up in my recipe binder and rewrote it on a pretty piece of new paper. ahhh
Now, to get to the recipe; it is a household fav!
Peanut Chicken

3 Tbs olive oil
1-2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
1 red bell pepper
1/2 tbs ginger (I like to use a microplane)
1-2 heads of garlic (also use a microplane for garlic)
1/4 c peanut butter
1/2 c soy sauce (I use Braggs liquid aminos) 
1/2 c stock (low sodium, since you get plenty from the soy sauce veggie or chicken stock)
2 Tbs sesame oil
1 small can sliced water chestnuts
Green onions (as garnish)
Peanuts (as garnish)

1. Heat 2 Tbs. oil in large stove top pan (I personally use my cast iron for every...thing!). Add chicken and chopped red pepper. Sate (about 5 min). Remove and set aside.
2. Add 1 Tbs olive oil, ginger and garlic. Sate lightly. Add peanut butter, soy, sesame oil & stock. Stir into a sauce. 
3. Add water chestnuts, chicken and peppers.
4. Serve once chicken is cooked through. Garnish with green onions, peanuts and grated carrots if you wish.
This can be served over steamed broccoli, pasta or rice. : )
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment