Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sweet Potato Mac

I have a feeling I am just going to have to dive back in. So here I go!!
This is one of my favorite healthier comfort meals:

If you have read this recipe on this blog before I apologize. It may be a repeat, but its fall and this is a good reminder meal. ;) 

Sweet Potato Mac
(A tale about sneaking yet another veggie into dinner...)

1/2 c. veggie stock
1/2 c. almond milk
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour (I use spelt flour)

1 c. grated cheese (I use sharp cheddar, use your favorite)
1-2 baked sweet potatoes

1 bag cooked pasta of your choice

One: Create rue
Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour (enough to create a paste).
Once it is pasty and boiling a little add room temp stock and milk.
Two: Thicken the sauce
Stir until thickens (If you are having trouble add a tad bit more flour)
Once thickened add graded cheese.
Once cheese is incorporated add mashed inside of sweet potato(s).
Stir.
Three: Combine
Lightly grease casserole dish.
Add Pasta
Pour cream sauce over. Combine.
Top with a bit more cheese and bread crumbs if you please. :)
Its yummier that way!
Bake for 15 min at 350 degrees! (or until top is crispy melty)



1 comment: