Sunday, October 28, 2012

Game Day Bites

I have my dear friend Shayla to thank for this amazing recipe.

I have altered the original recipe just a little. With today's FULL game schedule & a hurricane on the way I am thinking I will be cooking a lot today while we still have power. :) This will be on the menu.

Crispy Chicken Bites

What you will need: 
1 lb. chicken breast cutlets
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard, Honey mustard of Saracha hot sauce (this all depends on your taste, I am going to do Dijon and Saracha today:)
Black pepper
11/2 c. Panko bread crumbs (I used whole wheat Panko)

Preheat oven to 450.
Pour Panko crumbs onto large plate for dipping.

In mixing bowl combine mustard or hot sauce with a teaspoon of pepper.
Once chicken is cut into thick strips coat chicken with mixture. (enough that bread crumbs will adhere)
Press coated chicken into breadcrumbs. Coat both sides and place in lightly greased baking dish.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.

Dipping sauce:
Balsamic Vinegar
or greek yogurt (again depending on the flavor that you are going for)
I used the balsamic glaze for the Dijon version the other night and it was amazing!

For the balsamic glaze place 1 tsp pepper & 1/2c. balsamic vinegar in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce until syrupy.
Place in small dipping bowl & enjoy! 

(I will be using greek yogurt and a little lime juice for todays spicy bites.)

** Lilly loved the Dijon version. Also, for those of you that do not like Dijon all that much rest assured it does not have a strong flavor in this recipe. Ryan is not a huge fan but did not even know it was one of the main ingredients. They cleared their plates. ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment