Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Time to take out the trash...

With the coming of a new year and a fun yet heavy Christmas break I came home feeling a bit sad.
I know its time for a change.
Its that time of year when we all no matter how much we may not want to say to ourselves; what is my resolution.
Diet - check
Exercise - check

Then I read this post.

I need to stop focusing on what will make me happy in 2012.

Its time for me to take out the trash once again...in my life...you know the selfishness, the laziness, the gossiping, the lack of focus on the right things & the list goes on.
Focusing on what I need and what I want will not bring fulfillment. Have you noticed the more you try to make yourself happy the more unhappy you become? I sure have. Only one thing is going to fill that hole in your life people. Once you put others before yourself, love yourself as God does and cultivate a relationship with the only person that knows you inside and out will you be truly happy; truly fulfilled. I need to remind myself of this. Every. Moment. Of. Every. Day.
God knows what I need to be happy and he will fulfill every need if I would only let Him. That's the key folks. You need to let Him...

I need to take out the trash that I am making more important than my relationship with my God.
Gather it up, one piece at a time, deal with it, bag it and take it to the curb.

There are so many reasons to sing and life seems to get in the way all too often; because I let it.

New year, new mercies, new me. Renew me Lord, please, I need it...



I am thankful I have a God singing over me when I need a reason to sing...

No comments:

Post a Comment