Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oldie but goodie...

When I lived in Colorado many moons ago I bought this awesome cookbook from the local coffee company. It is called "Best of the Best from Colorado"
Tonight, one of my favorite recipes from the book; Chicken and Bean Enchiladas


3 cups plain yogurt
1 cup shredded chicken
1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies (I like the hot ones)
2 cups refried beans (I like the vegetarian beans)
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
dash (or 2 or 3) red pepper flakes
1 package corn tortillas
1 1/2 cups graded sharp cheddar cheese

Spread 1/2 cup yogurt into baking dish. Mix 1/2 cup yogurt, shredded chicken, drained green chilies, red pepper, beans, tomato sauce, and chili powder. Spread each tortilla with a dollop of mixture, roll and place face down in baking dish. Top with remaining yogurt and cheese. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
** I like to warm my corn tortillas just prior to the dollop phase of the recipe. This prevents tortilla crumble-age. I hate it when that happens!
** Goes pretty excellent with Skinny Girl Margaritas (just saying...)

No comments:

Post a Comment