Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why I avoid the parabens...

As with my diet changing while trying to conceive my daughter I had to change my beauty products as well and here is why:

One -
Parabens are a class of chemicals widely used as preservatives in pharmaceutical and beautiful products (shampoo, conditioners, lotion, makeup, even toothpaste). As with preservatives in food and us as a culture wanting to avoid them we must do the same thing with our beauty routine!
Chemicals used as preservatives = no no

Two - 
Did you know that the body reads parabens as estrogen, they mimic estrogen. Too much estrogen has been linked to breast cancer and reproductive issues.

No matter your opinion parabens are a chemical that have been linked to two things that I would rather not mess with ever again. There are also some really great products out there that are Paraben free. Why not be safe than sorry?!

Here are a few of my favorites:

This fragrance is honestly my favorite. I use the pure vanilla scent. It is yummy.


Secondly, their deodorant is awesome!! It took me a really long time to find one with no aluminum that did not leave me feeling like I was sweaty and stinky within an hour. This one did the trick!!
(Lavanila Products can be found at Sephora or Beautybar.com)


My face gets really dry here in the east come fall/ winter. I started using this product last fall and have been using it ever since!
BWC cleansing milk with lavender.
This soap is the best and you can honestly use it to clean anything. I use it purely as a shower bar soap. It is gentle, organic and smells great!
(Can you tell I am all about scents!?)
Dr. Bronners Almond castile soap. 
What is better to go with the almond soap that you used in the shower than some yummy almond lotion by Desert Essence?!
I do get most of my products from Soap.com. They have a wide selection and I get them the next day. Love.


As you can see, I do not feel that I have had to sacrifice quality, yummy factor or price to go paraben free!
These are only a few of the products that I use. There are also some really great hair products, make-up, etc. If anyone has any questions or would like to know what I use let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment