Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wine, sand & sun...solo

I thought the appropriate color for this post is orange...since its my favorite and it resembles the sunshine that is shining down on me today! I left this morning on a solo retreat and am vowing to myself to let it be all about me for the next two days. Yes, this sounds odd to say...but it needs to be said by more of us moms more often. I am not going to worry about the sheets that need to be changed, the laundry that needs to be done, the melon that we are out of for breakfast tomorrow that WILL result in a tantrum, the diapers that need to be changed, the swim lesson that we are missing, the grocery list that needs to be made, the nap time that my daughter is refusing to give in to, the Jersey driver that has just cut me off on the way to the market, the lady that gave me an evil eye in Old Navy when my daughter threw her goldfish across the isle, what is for dinner and where my wine is...for the next 48-hours...


The sun is out, the sand is across the street, the wine is in my little hotel fridge and I don't know what I will have for dinner, I will take a walk and find someplace...quiet, with out door seating and I will order dinner and I will drink (more)wine and I will read. 


That's it. There is no plan and I love that there is no plan ... and no whining. Thank you Lord...



The beach motel I am hanging at for the next few days.

My new favorite organic Chardonnay that I have stocked in the fridge.


The anniversary gift that is going to get tons of action this week.

The End.


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, to say I am green with envy would be a HUGE understatement. That pretty much sounds like perfection. Hope you enjoyed yourself and got all recharged and all that :)

    ReplyDelete