Monday, February 10, 2014

Oh, Monday...



You know how I know that God is moving? He gave one woman a vision 7-years ago and this weekend over 30,000 (I do not even know the final numbers, pretty sure they are well above 30k) woman gathered live in Austin, TX & locally in their homes, churches and workplaces to hear what God wanted Jennie to share.
Also, I know that the messages that our pastor, the book I am soaking up each night & the powerful messages that each of the woman at the conference this last weekend have COLLIDED!! These messages have collided and at moments I do feel like I have been in a physical car WRECK as my muscles are sore and my heart hurts, yet at the same time my heart and soul are overflowing with divine peace, excitement and urges for more of Jesus!
Folks; I did not want to go to this conference on Friday night. The week prior was rough. I screamed at my daughter daily, I was a horrible mommy and it had me down. I was tired & by 5PM Friday I wanted to get in my sweats and sit on the couch with a glass of wine. (lets be honest here) I prayed, I dragged myself to the church up the street & I prayed some more.
The only person that could carry me through this AMAZING 2-days with the amount of struggle that was going on in my head, in my heart, in my body is Jesus.
Now; what will I do with all of this on my heart? Yikes(!!); that is one heck of a mission for this Monday morning!



Hebrews12:1-2 (MSG)
Do you see what this means…all of these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running…and NEVER quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race that we are in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed…that exhilarating finish in and with God…he could put put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. THIS will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

This verse was a thread that ran through the weekend. I do love how God compared life to a race. He knew what life was like. He knew there were times that it would be easy, that there were times that we would feel out of breath, that there were times that we literally would think our lungs were on fire, that there were times that we would not feel our legs and times that we would HAVE to sit on the sidelines…
BUT if we keep our eyes on Him... we can do this people. 
Lets run this messy race together. We do not need to have our act together. We do not need to have our lives perfect before God, we do not need to have all of the laundry done, the dishes but away, the meals planned, or the children bathed! All of that is in fact a PART of our race. Our race is in which attitude and to whom are we really doing all of the messy things for?!

I will start with loving the heck out of God, I will ask Him to help me love His creation; me & I will continue to beg Him to help me see others as He does and love the heck out of them.

The link to parts of the IF:Gathering can be found HERE. They will only be up until midnight TONIGHT. Check it out if you wish. You will want to start with the video at the bottom of the page and work your way up. Buckle up. (do not say I didn't warn you)

Happy Monday everyone. Love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment