Monday, March 22, 2010

Gardens...

One of my favorite things in the whole wide world are gardens...wispy, flower gardens, winding pathways, sun soaking, quiet places...
It all started once my mom read me "The secret garden" when I was little. Since then my obsession with finding "My secret garden" will forever go on...Bruce Springsteen's "Secret Garden..." also one of my favorite songs...I digress...I guess my soul is always been searching for that quiet place. That quiet place where I can go to let go of my worries, to be still, to enjoy beautiful things. This is why when this website/ band was shared with me my hand drew the mouse over to click on this song...

Needtobreathe ~ Please do click and have a listen, it is a beautiful song... http://www.needtobreathe.net/music/garden/
Garden...

~~~~
I am far from perfect, far from obsessed with "rules...", I am far from "preachy" but I am a woman who at the age of 16 fell in love with her Savior. Now, I know that sounds odd to some of you. I get that. But let me say, I have not for one split second... from being at the crossroads at 16 after being gutted emotionally by people close to me for years to come...looked back on making my decision to follow the Lord.
He has carried me through much and when I hear a song that is able to express what the word, the act of "worship" means to me I want to share it! I want to share it b/c I feel that so many of you do not understand what Christianity truly is. This is what it is to me. It is not rules, it is not a stifling of a lifestyle... Its a relationship, it touches me, it makes me want more than anything for people to know, to feel what I feel...its peace...true peace, I need peace, I need quiet, I need beautiful things to admire, I need the Garden and I have that in an amazing relationship with the God of the universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment